FOR WIDOW OF
Shackelford W. Cardin
of Capt Wm G. Coleman's
Co. 1st, Reg't of Ala. Col Coffey
FEB 8 1888
1424 NEW YORK AVENUE,
- Here allege full name of applicant.
- Here allege full name of soldier.
- Here allege again the name of the soldier.
- Here allege the name under which the soldier served.
- Here allege the rank uder which the soldier served.
- Here state "enlisted," "volunteered," or "was drafted," as the case may be.
- Here state the number of days or months of service rendered by the soldier.
- Here insert the words "an honorable discharge" or "death," as the case may be.
- Here let a full description of the soldier follow, from the best recollection of the claimant, giving age, occupation, birthplace, height, color of heir, eyes, and complexion, and any other particulars as to description.
- Here allege the name of the person who performed the marriage ceremony.
- Here state the official character of the person who performed the ceremony; i.e. whether a minister of the Gospel, or a justice of the peace, &c.
- Here state whether the claimant or her husband (the soldier) had been previously married; and if either had, the name of the former husband or wife should be stated; and the date and place of the death of, or divorce from, the former consort should be alleged.
- Here insert the name of the husband on account of whose service and death the claim is made.
- Here state all the places of residence; if in a city, giving the street and number; and from and to what dates he resided at each place.
- If any application for bounty land or pension has previously been made, state the fact here, giving the date, and number if possible, and the act of Congress under which the claim was made; and designating whether it was a claim for bounty land or pension, and whether the warrant for the land or certificate for the pension was ever issued.
- Here insert the name of the soldier.
- Here name all the facts and circumstances which enable the witnesses to swear, from a personal knowledge, that the claimant is the widow of the identical person who rendered the service alleged in the claim.
All services rendered by the soldier in the war for which claim is made, or in any other war, with the names of officers in each service, must be given in the application.